Monday, March 8, 2010

See Who's Editing Wikipedia..

See Who's Editing Wikipedia

For years, I have been told to never use Wikipedia for information. My teachers would tell me that it was not a legitimate site to get essential information from. Therefore, I have never used that particular site to look up information. Although, I had never done enough research on it to truly know what the site was about.

After reading this article, I still feel that way because of the ongoing changes made by anonymous users; one cannot firmly know that the information is correct. If someone believes it is legitimate information, they can use the database to track down the digital fingerprints left behind by the contributor.

What I've Learned This Year by: Mr. McClung

I believe that was a great reflection by Mr. McClung. It put alot of things into perspective for me. I am one who likes to have a plan and follow that plan to a T and if one thing veers off course a little, I am a nervous wreck. I know that I will have to work hard on being a flexible person when it comes to teaching a lesson. He also hit the nail on the head with me when he said that teachers need to be reasonable. We are humans just like the students, and we make mistakes just like they do. It is our job to encourage them to never stop trying. If they do not get encouragement from us, they will have no self-confidence to tackle the situation by themselves.

I believe that listening to the students and creating a student-teacher relationship is vital in earning respect from the students. This way, the teacher can learn the strengths and weaknesses of each student. If the teacher has a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each student, it will make it easier to teach a lesson because he/she will know the high and low points to hit in the lesson leaving less room for confusion in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Wikipedia. It is not reliable and it is scary to think of who might be putting the information up on Wikipedia. I am also a planner and it is helpful to learn how to be flexible.Thanks goes to Mr McClung on the helpful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often use Wikipedia and it has never backfired on me. It has always been a great source of useful information. I don't think I could survive college without it.

    Teachers and students should have good relationships. The teacher should always be fair to everyone no matter who he or she likes most.

    ReplyDelete