Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dr. Christie's Site

Dr. Alice Christie

I believe that this site can be very useful to me as a teacher because it provides many extensive resources, links, and examples for questions that I may have when beginning my teaching career. The Educational Technology Guide has many links that you can click on to help you further understand technology in order to help the students enhance their learning as well as enhancing your own knowledge as a teacher at the same time.

If I ever have a question about technology or how to help my students understand it better, this is a great site to refer to. It has everything broken down so you can understand it very easily. This comprehensive resource for educators provided by this site is very useful and helpful for educators because we can learn from her experiences.



iTunes University

iTunes University would be a huge help to me as a student and later on when I become a teacher. As a student, it can provide information right at my fingertips. It is easy to use and very accessible. Because I already use iTunes for songs on my iPod, I already have it set up on my computer and I am very familiar with how iTunes works. Because iTunes U can make lectures come to life, it can help make learning more interesting and fun. Being able to put these lectures on my iPod making it to where I can listen to it anytime, makes it very convenient and saves time.

This can help me as a teacher because I will always be wanting to continuously learn more and be able to share new facts and information with my students. It is also exciting because I will be able to reach out and share my knowledge with everyone. Making the lectures available on iTunes will also allow my students to be more engaged in the classroom.

iPods

The iPod is a portable digital audio player that can hold large amounts of music. They are pretty easy to use and have a clear goal of speeding up the effective production, transfer and dissemination of digital audio and video.The border between education and entertainment is now being deconstructed by iPod. iPods are becoming study aids for students, allowing them to fast-forward to a part of a lecture they may not have understood the first time or review complicated themes before exams.Some K-12 educators and schools have also started using the iPod to enhance their curriculum and to support learning objectives in content areas such as – mathematic, science, reading, foreign language, and history among others. This site showed me that iPods have become good devices for instruction and can be very helpful to students.


Click Hereto access this website.


1 comment:

  1. Love you PINK layout and I especially enjoyed your blog read on I University and the Dr.'s film. I for one can not get into University but I appreciate all that it can do for audio learners. I come from Class E and I wish you a Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete